A Charming Life

7/26/2011 The Charmer 4 Comments

Last week I did something I've never done before.

I left my number for a waiter.

My roommate and I went to Chili's on Saturday and happened to have a particularly cute waiter who seemed particularly friendly towards me. I kept joking about leaving him my number...and then...
My roommate convinced me. (I say convinced, I mean pressured.)
So I actually did.

Do you realize how very little room there is to write on a dollar bill?
Yes, I wrote it on his tip. And if he ever spends that bill my number will be floating around for all of the greater Provo/Orem area to see. In hindsight, I probably should have wrote it on a napkin.
But I've always wanted to write my number on a dollar. Napkins just aren't as sneaky.

Anyways, I can cross that off my bucket list. We'll see if Andrew actually calls me up or not.
I think I want him to...but I've never done this before. What do I say to him if he actually does call?!


In other Charming news, I've been chatting recently with a boy I was majorly in love with in high school. He was in my home ward and I had the hugest crush on him. (If you met him, you would, too. I promise. He was one of those boys. Every girl had a crush on him)
Anyways, out of the blue he messages me this week and we start having a lovely conversation. We lamented the fact that we were never better friends in high school since he is two years older (and in high school, age differences like that actually seemed to matter). I admitted to having a huge crush on him growing up. And then he threw me this curveball...

Ya know what's funny? As much as people told me that girls had crushes or whatever on me growing up, I don't know if I ever really believed it.
Okay, tell me if I'm wrong about this, because I may be making up this fantasy completely in my head...but I think it also may be real. Were you home when I gave my homecoming talk? I think you were because you just mentioned that you went home that first summer. Anyways, you know how they always talk about missionaries leaving and then coming home and just being blown away by how much the girls in the ward have changed? Well I have this memory (hopefully it's not something I fabricated, because it's in there for some reason), of walking into the church building and we said hi to each other. I remember just being absolutely blown away by you. It was that moment in time for me as an RM where I was like..."yep, I was dumb to be so short sighted in who my friends were growing up." lol!

I always enjoyed seeing you on campus and stuff too, but would you believe me if I said I still get pretty dang nervous when I talk to girls that I'd like to get to know better? Well I do! Moral of the story, I've thought for quite awhile that you are really awesome so when I do see you next, if I'm slightly nervous at first...give me a break!

He also said he wants to "remedy the fact that we didn't really do much together growing up."

Stop for a second and let me catch my breath.
I feel like a high schooler all over again. I swear I got butterflies reading his message!

All I can say is that if Ace (I'll just default to the nickname everyone used for him) wasn't back home right now, I would probably be falling at his feet.

If I was a Greek, I would probably be praying to Aphrodite and Eros (if I was a Roman, it would be Venus and Cupid) saying, "Please, please, PLEASE have mercy on my poor flirtatious soul and let something work out with this boy! All I ask is one date! Or two...or maybe even more...

With a sigh,
The Charmer

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Lauren R said...

marry him. just do it.

Anjelica said...

he sounds like perfection.

Katrina said...

Lucky!

Kailee said...

ok this is just too cute! you are meant for each other! please keep us posted on this wonderful romance. Seriously, though, that's awesome! Doesn't it just make you feel so great? :)