"It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable"

5/25/2011 The Romantic 0 Comments

I apologize for my late report about my date with Mr. Collins last Saturday. It's been a busy week.

Do you remember the beautiful brief respite we had from the rain last Saturday afternoon? Well, I decided to go longboarding to enjoy the sunshine. Which isn't really a part of the story of my date at all, except that I crashed my longboard in the most horribly epic way (ok, I'm being a little dramatic, but it hurt pretty badly) so my poor limbs especially didn't want to go on a date when 6:00 rolled around.

But I mustered up a smile from deep within my injured body as I walked with Mr. Collins to the creamery.

The date itself wasn't too bad. Mr. Collins said a few oddities.

As we were waiting for our cones, he told me that whenever he goes to the creamery for ice cream, he usually finds a lounge in Heritage to eat it in. He then asked me if I would like to do that. WHAAAAAAT? And creep out the Freshmen? No thanks. I convinced him to just sit on the grass since it was so nice outside. I did feel like the cashier gave me a pity glance as Mr. Collins paid for our cones though.

We mostly ended up talking about EFY. I gave him advice for his upcoming sessions this summer since I was a counselor last summer.

We walk home an hour and a half later. It was odd, but mostly uneventful. I came home with all of my limbs intact.

As soon as I got home, my roomies and I quickly got ready for the ward activity and left for campus. Mr. Collins was also in attendance. About 2o minutes into the game, he tells me he has to leave.

"What? You're leaving? Why?" It's strange to leave in the middle of a Capture the Flag game on campus; wouldn't you agree?

"Oh, I have stuff," he answered.

"Stuff?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll see you later." He then speedily walked away....

It was weird to say the least. I asked his room mate (my best guy friend in the ward) about it later.

Turns out he was leaving to go on another date!

What a Mr. Collins move. Two dates in one night. How very ambitious.

As I was discussing Mr. Collins with my room mates later, we had two questions to ask ourselves:

"Why are there so many Mr. Collins's in the world? And where in the heck can we find ourselves some Mr. Darcy's?!"

We know they have to be out there somewhere... A conundrum indeed.

In other news, I'm headed off to the beautiful land of California in the morning. Hello sunshine, goodbye rain clouds! This trip is going to be great for several reasons, one of them being I will get to see one of the boys I grew up with finally back from his mission. The Boy Next Door is adorable. He is my brother's best friend, and his sister is one of my very best friends.
Now, I think I've mentioned before, I was a bit of an odd duck in high school. I still am, but at least I don't look like an odd duck anymore. So I'm excited to finally see him in my grow up, non-awkward state. Also, he always gave the best hugs in high school, and smelled delicious to boot.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on my California adventures this next week.

Ciao bellas
-the Romantic

You Might Also Like

0 comments: