The Summer of Delight

5/14/2012 The Blue Stocking 1 Comments


I have realized something: I had big expectations for this summer. And like most of my grand expectations, life laughed at them.

Not small laughs either; giant, cough inducing, raspy, gut-wrenching laughter.

I’ve recently decided to start laughing with life because ultimately, I choose happiness.

I want this summer to be awesome and that requires an awesome attitude. This attitude includes not only rejecting my old goals, but coming up with completely new ones. That means that my dating goals have also changed.

I no longer have expectations for Dear ol Bingley and me; instead, I’m going with the flow. And it’s not a chilly flow either, it is a happy I-will-be-delightful-every-time-I-see-you flow. It’s a doable goal right?

Onto my next goal. I will be nice to my ex. That’s right little Wickham has started to make guest appearances in my life again and I have committed myself to being delightful to him too. It can’t be that hard, can it? Ha ha

So this summer of bliss and delight... I’m not quite sure what that all entails, but I’m excited.

-The Blue Stocking



You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you describe life laughing at you and your expectations...I can picture and hear it clearly. I hate that laugh from life. Good luck laughing with it!