"A woman had better show more affection than she feels"

3/27/2012 The Blue Stocking 2 Comments

Last week I wrote about the epidemic of neutrality…this week I’m paying the consequences.

On Sunday, Bingley decided to ignore me, nothing too dramatic, he just made it a point to not have me as his focus. Guess what cures neutrality? Jealousy.

Well played Bingley. Well played.

I spent a week fuming over his sudden lack of interest, and just when I had reached a decision to except my loses and move on, he called and asked me out again. I have to say I was excited and jitter and all of those silly things I've been craving.

I don’t love his technique, but I can’t argue with its success.

We went out and once again we had a great time. The only thing that truly concerns me is the fact that I don’t really know him. I hate to do this, but do you remember good ol Scoot from last summer? Well I can’t help noticing that Scoot and I shared more about ourselves in one night then Bingley and I have in two months. It concerns me.

What concerns me even more is the fact that Bingley has decided to continue his method of ignoring me and then out of the blue asking me to do super significant things…like have Sunday dinner with his parents {they’re lovely people by the by}.

You would think that having me meet his family would have at least meant that he would talk to me at FHE or heaven forbid answer my texts, but nope.

I’m utterly bamboozled.

Now I don’t want to overload you with drama, but I’m about to reference yet another past boy. Service Guy. Good ol SG, who I hung out with non stop for a full semester and he never asked me out. Well he moved out of the ward last semester, but this month he has been texting me how much he misses me and last week he asked if I would come over and watch a movie with him…alone…on a Friday night.

Fishy? Why yes, yes it is.

Here’s the real kicker. I don’t like him anymore. Is it just me or am I sounded rather fickle. Honestly, I don’t mean to be. I just can’t help it. I don’t like him anymore, I wish I did, but I just don’t.

Plus, I think I need to be concentrating on Bingley right now. I guess the only conclusion I’ve come up with is if I like Bingley, then I need to start working harder for him. It’s like Miss Austen said

In nine cases out of ten, a woman had better show more affection than she feels"

Wish me luck

-The Blue Stocking

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't hurt to go watch a movie with Service Guy? Maybe he is real nervous about asking you out so this is his roundabout way of doing it. One semi-date doesn't mean you have to like him but it might remind you why you used to like him.

If a guy isn't trying his best to have you, then he probably isn't the best for you?...