A Cliffhanger

10/18/2011 The Charmer 4 Comments

Oh heavens...my weeks certainly are busy. It's only been a week and I have quite a lot of updates for you. :)

I went into last week with the intention to try and keep Masimo in the picture. After all, he would be a really fun boyfriend. I've known him for a year and a half and so I know him really well. I've seen him in lots of different scenarios, and I don't think that there are any facets of his personality that I haven't seen. I've always thought it would be nice to date someone that is my good friend; I wanted to avoid one of those "we've-known-each-other-for-two-weeks-and-now-we're-dating!" situations. After all, that's what happened with The Ex. And even though our relationship was good for the most part, I hardly knew him when we started dating. I didn't want to do that again.

So, despite the fact that Masimo wasn't following my plans, I wasn't quite ready to drop him. After all, it took me a long time and a lot of thinking to get to the point where I had made the decision that Yes, I wanted to date him!

Anyways, I might as well let you know now that I didn't talk to Masimo last week. In fact, I haven't even seen Masimo since our date that was what...a week and a half ago? I texted him on Thursday just to ask how his week had been. He texted me back the next day. And it was a boring text. Yes, the kid is busy. But if he can find time to pin pictures of ballroom dresses for his partner onto his Pinterest account, he is not too busy to respond to my texts in a timely manner. (If it's not very apparent, Masimo has begun to fade out of the picture.)

In my last post, I mentioned having dinner with Mr. Director on Sunday. What I didn't mention was that he also asked me if I would be willing to go out with him on Saturday. And, despite the fact that I was still fairly set on Masimo, I said yes.

Speaking of dinner, Piano Man continued to try and commandeer all of my time. I went to a concert of his on Tuesday and he told me he'd make me dinner on Friday to "make it up to me." I know, I know, I probably should have said no. But I am not one to turn down a free dinner.

Friday rolls around. I get that text I mentioned from Masimo (Yeah, my week's been super busy...I've hardly seen my roommates. But TGIF!) and I'm planning on dinner with Piano Man that night. Then, in the middle of the day, I get a text from Mr. Director.
Hey, Happy Friday! You probably have plans, and I know I've already got you tomorrow night, but I have an extra ticket to the Grizzlies hockey game tonight because my roommate had something come up. Let me know if you want to go!

Now, at the time, I didn't know that I wouldn't see Masimo at all that weekend. I was still planning on talking with him (or at least that's what I told myself), and I really didn't think it was a great idea to spend two nights in a row with Mr. Director. Frankly, I had decided that I would tell him no.

However, I decided it might be wise to get a second opinion, so at my research meeting that afternoon I spilled the story to one of my fellow research assistants. I asked her what she thought I should do. Since she knew that I had been hoping for success with Masimo (or "Ballroom Boy," as she calls him), I expected that she would tell me to say no to Mr. Director. To my surprise, she told me that I should go to the hockey game. She explained that the best course of action was to keep my options open.

So I went.
Well, first I had dinner with Piano Man, who decided to impress me with his cooking prowess by making Hamburger Helper.
During the course of dinner, he asked me about Mr. Director and if we'd ended up going on a date (remember, MD called while I was at Piano Man's house for dinner two weeks ago). I told him yes. He also asked me if I thought Mr. Director and I might date in the future. I told him I didn't think so.
And right after I'd said it, I realized that this might have been the first lie I'd told to Piano Man. Because I was kind of interested in Mr. Director, and I realized in that moment that I thought there was a chance that the two of us might date.

And then I ditched Piano Man and went to the hockey game with Mr. Director...

...and I am going to leave you all in suspense until next week to find out what happened. This post is long enough already.

Yes, yes, I'm terrible. I know. Now you all have to wait for a week to find out whether the date was a dud or a delight. Did it fizzle or was it fantastic? Am I back to square one with no prospects but Piano Man (and heaven knows that boy doesn't have a chance)?

This is obviously just a ploy to make sure that you continue reading our lovely blog by tuning in next week. :)

Kisses,
The Charmer

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dare I say it? I may be wrong, but I will anyways- if he spends more time pinning dresses on Pinterest than chatting up witty and charming girls like yourself, then he *may* not be your type.

Wait. Rephrase. YOU may not be HIS type.

^As the ever-so-stoned actor Charlie Sheen would say, "Winning!"

A proper man's list of preferences should resemble this*:

1) Respond to texts of witty and charming young ladies.
2) Die slowly and painfully.
3) Post dresses on Pinterest.

*Note: list does not include all preferences. It does, however, include enough to make a point.

Colonel Paisley said...

First, a slow clap for Featherstone. I approve. And I laughed heartily.

Mr. Director seems very promising. Masimo has poor priorities. Piano Man is desperate. Maybe you should cut down on the time you spend with him. Give him subliminal hints that he is indeed out of the picture.

I need no ploy to continue reading this blog each week. I'm pretty sure i check it at least every day.

Intrigued said...

after reading for some time about this masimo guy, it seems he was interested in you at one point but come this round of dating, he probably was just to shy to call it as it was, a NCMO.