A Weekend to Remember

2/13/2011 The Romantic 0 Comments

There was a theory developed by Hippocrates in the 4th or 5th centuries (I can't remember exactly) that gained popularity from the 18th-early 20th centuries. This theory, more or less, stated that a woman's womb would travel throughout her body through the course of a month in search of children. As it neared her brain, she would break out into hysterical fits. Melancholic, joyous, apathetic; it could have been any mood really. This theory was just a way to explain the crazy foibles of women during the time.

We all laughed and scoffed this theory as we learned about it in class a couple of weeks ago. However, I'm beginning to think that this "wandering womb" theory holds some truth. I was an absolute crazy this last week. I kept having flashbacks to the only date I ever went on in highschool. It was horrible to say the least. I'll spare you the details, but it basically ended with my parents having spent a ton of money for me to buy a dress, tickets, and dinner, while my date spent the whole night flirting with my "best friend" at the time. I didn't like this boy, and I had only asked him because he was one of the few member boys that I knew. But I thought he should have had the courtesy to dance at least one dance with me. These old feelings came rushing back, and I convinced myself that Guitar Hero's popularity with the girls in my ward would make Saturday night a repeat of that horrid Homecoming date I had in high school. I was even getting weepy about it. I wanted to cancel then and there. My roomies said they would pour water on my head if I did.

So instead I texted my Freshman Flame, and set up something with him for Friday night instead.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I'm a crazy for sure. But you already knew that. So I had two dates set up for this weekend. Both of my own making. How's that for sticking it to the man? or men, I should say. Get it?

So the Freshman Flame and I went to a movie for my film class, had ice cream, and headed back to my place to watch a bit of the office. It was ok. Nothing special once again. We probably will hang out later this semester, but I don't know if he'll ever ask me out.

Are you ready for the low down on Saturday night? Have you been near death in anticipation for the details as much as my mother has?

Well, I had a blast.

There were more than 20 people in our group. We were all decked out in fairy, lost boy, and pirate attire. I threw a fairy costume together at the last minute, and I'm proud to say I looked quite whimsical. The night was full of pizza, dancing, and crow calls. The only bump in the road was when the fire alarm went off and we were all stuck outside for a good 20 minutes. Oh, and the time when Guitar Hero went to the bathroom right before a slow song started, so another guy in our group tried to slow dance with me and his date. Well, that was more funny than anything else.

I was a little worried for the doorstep scene. Was I supposed to take him to his door, or he to mine? This Preference stuff is confusing. He walked me to mine. And the night ended with a hug and a see you tomorrow. It was good. He's definitely someone I'd like to get to know better. But I'm not sure anything will really happen. We're very different in many ways.

Don't fret though, dear reader. I'll keep you posted.
Happy Valentine's Eve

xoxo
-the Romantic

You Might Also Like

0 comments: