Blue and Sam's Bookstore Adventure

7/21/2014 The Blue Stocking 4 Comments

After my nightcall with Henry I was feeling loads better about life and I was trying my darndest to not fret over the date with Sam. I was also wondering if Henry and Sam had chatted about the phone calls that went down last Sunday.

Sam shed some light on that when he texted me on Monday commending me for “getting straight up” with Henry. He went on to say Henry deserved it for being so boneheaded and Sam had told him so last week. Then he said the oh-so-famous lines “he’s just inexperienced.”

Let me just say that comment INFURIATES me. I told Sam that I was tired of guys using the excuse of being inexperienced to do whatever they want to someone else. At some point you just need to be a decent person. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now can we talk about how weird it is that they are not only talking to each other about this, but Sam is telling me what they are talking about? It’s not ok.

Friday night Sam picked me up and we headed to a local used bookstore. Yes, this was another bookstore date. I can't help myself!

We traveled up and down each aisle picking up our favorite reads trying to convince the other why this novel would change their soul when we both came upon The Great Gatsby and uttered the same quote allowed. It was possibly the nerdiest moment I’ve had and I would re-live it any day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Afterwards we had a solid conversation about our lives and families and passions. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this date and it shocked me how much I enjoyed being around Sam. And while I don’t like comparing the guys I date, it was hard not to notice Sam was more apt to dig deeper then Henry.  


Does this mean I like him? Maybe. I just don’t know. 

-The Bluestocking

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering you're sharing the details of your relationships with these guys (albeit anonymous) with the entire internet, perhaps you can grant them a little latitude vis-a-vis talking about you to each other. :)

The Bluestocking said...

HA! Ok valid point.

Anonymous said...

Burn.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Henry feels about all of this?