A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill.

2/29/2012 The Lady 15 Comments

The following is a letter to me from our dearest, darling Romantic. If you have yet to read every inch of this blog which began with her wonderful stories, shame on you. Go back and soak up every one of her words. The rest of us are just mere fluff compared to her. Now for the letter. (Unfortunately, some bits have been omitted to protect the identities of the innocent).

-The Lady


My dearest Lady,
Thank you so much for the blog update. I've been wondering how the good ole' blog was fairing. It's not something I expected to miss. And I wondered when I left on my mission if I would ever come back to it. But I think I will. It's too much a part of me.

There is so much about missionary work that is similar to dating that I find it hard to understand why some RM's have such a difficult time returning to the dating world. (Feel free to pass this on to our dear readers). All the answers to being a good boyfriend (or girlfriend) are found in PMG (Preach My Gospel)! There's a section on listening for goodness sake's! Every first lesson is like a first date. Every time my companion and I text our investigators, we wait by the phone, anxious to hear from them. We ask girls for their numbers all the time. It really isn't too terribly difficult. And I'm speaking KOREAN! My companion is going home soon, and I've already committed her to start actively seeking a husband. (That's only mostly a joke).

Korean couples are absolutely hilarious. Couples will buy matching shirts, shoes, or even coats. They love each other in such an angsty teenage way. It's so funny! This stationary (which has animated pictures of teenage Koreans, with lines which read, "'Til the dying day, My most precious one My most reliable one My best warm hearted one I wish it'll always be you. Only you, and I") is a perfect example of how goofy it all is. And yet, I love it so much. It's the perfect country for a romantic such as myself to serve.

The MTC was so fun. I do have a small confession to make. Somehow I ended up with a little fan club of elders that had no sisters in their district. And while I did nothing to encourage it, shamefully I'll admit that I did nothing to discourage it either. Except when they tried to take "candid" pictures of me in the laundry room on P-Day. That just wasn't fun for anyone involved.

And now, I wouldn't be a missionary unless I gave some sound advice from a prophet of the Lord.

"Those who are single should desire a temple marriage and exert priority efforts to obtain it." -Dallin H. Oaks

Well, that's pretty explicit. I hope you pass that on to our dear readers.

I'm just at my 6 month mark. So, only one more short year, and we'll all be together again to publish our dating shenanigans to all the world! I should have some funny ones as an RM...

Much Love,
The Romantic

You Might Also Like

15 comments:

Of course it's easy for her to ask for girl's numbers. She's a girl.

Summer said...

Thanks for posting this for us! I'm glad to hear she's doing well :)

Unknown said...

I miss her a lot. It's good to know she's doing so great!

Mandi said...

I've missed hearing from her!!! Much luck, Romantic, see you in another year!

Anonymous said...

What. She's been gone for six whole months??

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear from the Romantic! I miss her. Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

If it had to do with that new guys blog, it's been deleted from the comments here and on the Facebook page, too. Anybody know why?

Anonymous said...

Fear of competition? Psh. They're funny, but I like this blog a lot more.

Anonymous said...

Fear? Lol. That's sad. There's no competition here. It's not like you have to choose only one.

Anonymous said...

I'm perfectly able to read more than one dating blog at a time. The Anti Austens have nothing to worry about if I read some guys' blog.

Anonymous said...

Your comment reminded me of this girl I used to date. She was unnecessarily jealous of any other female in my life - even my boss at work (who, might I add, is in her 60's).

Needless to say, I had to let her go.

Grace M. said...

I don't understand it either, but I'm sure that whichever administrator is deleting the comments that refer to the new blog by our beloved male authors, affectionately known as BROPINIONS, (found at bropinion.blogspot.com) has a good reason to. My opinion of the Anti-Austen has declined slightly as a result, but that's okay. I can always count on my bros, of BROPINIONS (found at bropinion.blogspot.com), to rise above petty competition.

Sarah said...

Well why are they commenting on a post from the Romantic? This isn't a billboard for advertisements. Anyways, I miss the Romantic and I can't wait till she's back :)

Anonymous said...

What other ways are there to reach the audience?

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is, the Romantic that I know would be all for another dating blog on which to share and laugh about dating here in Provo. The more the merrier, I know she'd say. I don't think she'd oppose. Plus, I'm sure she's flattered with how popular her blog is now.