"A Lady’s imagination is very rapid: it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment"

2/19/2012 The Blue Stocking 2 Comments

Mr. BINGLEY ASKED ME OUT!

Can you believe it? Ok I have to say it again…

MR. BINGLEY ASKED ME OUT!

Is it weird that a part of me loves this fact so much because it proves I was right? That I knew he like me – even just a little bit—and I wasn’t just being a silly obsessed girl. I was right! HA {yes, that is a HA directed at the universe}

Okay now for the less prideful and more informative side to the story.

So I told you last week that we would be spending Valentine’s Day together, well here’s what happened. We had a party at our apartment and he was invited. I, being the prideful person who believes in testing how much guys like her, decided to sit and wait to see if he came to me. When he got to the party he was immediately swamped by girls, while I sat on the opposite side of the room looking nonchalant and whatnot. Then our eyes met, I smiled, and he came over and sat by me. Success! {never underestimate the importance of eye contact}

We talked for a while and then he was gone and the night was over.

On Wednesday I got a nasty cold and he offered to bring me over medicine; ya, he’s a nice guy. On Thursday, he checked up on me to see if I was feeling better. When I told him that I had almost reached full recovery, he asked me out.

Dinner and dessert: simple and perfect.

Dinner went splendidly. We talked and laughed and even discussed literature, in a non-nerdy way of course. And unlike my last date I wasn’t nervous at all. There were no jittery hands or an even jittery feeling; instead, it was a delightful calm and confident time. Then I came home and I did something completely out of character... I sent him an after the date text. You guys have no idea how opposed I am to this and one day I will post a crazy rant that I’ve spent years developing as to why I dislike it so much.

Anyways, the point is I texted him and we had a cute little chat.

Now I’m waiting to see what happens. Since he went home for the weekend, I haven’t seen him since the date and that means we still haven’t had the we-went-on-a-date-and-now-we-don’t-know-how-the-other-one-feels-about-me chat. So that should be interesting to say the least.

Thought I should warn you, this is the part where I screw things up. I tend to ignore, walk away, or behave in a manner that shakes every guy’s confidence in my feelings. Wish me luck.

Now it’s time for me to rationalize. A part of me is ok if we don’t go out again. After all, I can chalk this up to a wonderful date and we can go on being great friends. The irrational side of me is dying to go online and merge our faces to see how our future children will look…kidding, well kind of.

In the end, no matter what happens, a very interesting week lays ahead of me. I can’t wait to update you all on it.

Toujours

-The Blue Stocking

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

flutefairy said...

I am so, so, so, so, so excited for you!

Allie said...

O my gosh! This is so exciting! I hope your week is amazing and he asks you out again :)