The One Week Romance

8/19/2014 The Charmer 0 Comments


I've noticed an interesting pattern in my life.

I just shared with you how I met Rex right before I left to be an EFY counselor all summer. Here he was, this awesome guy...and then I was gone.

Well, it's happened again. Here I am, with only a week left before I leave the country to go halfway across the world, and another incredible guy plops into my life.

I was set up on a blind date with him last Friday, and if your blind date history is anything like mine, you'll understand why I was so surprised when we actually ended up hitting it off. But hit it off we did! Ammon is incredible, and everything about him has impressed me so much. One of the coolest things about him is that he's only been a member of the church for four months, although you would never guess that because of his understanding of and love for the gospel. Seriously, I've been blown away by his insights. And because he still has that new convert fire, I would guess that a good 70% of our conversation is devoted to gospel topics (which as you might recall, I am totally okay with).

Have you ever met someone with whom you just click? Someone with whom you are completely 100% yourself around? Someone with whom you are totally open and honest with from the moment you met them? Someone with whom you have a good time, no matter what you're doing? [Yes, I'm sure some of you have, and you're probably the married ones]

Well, that's a pretty good way to describe how things happened with Ammon and me. Last week if you would have told me I would be spending every night until 3 am talking to a guy I'd just met, I would have said you were crazy. And if you would have told me how the only thing I'd be able to think about when I wasn't with him was him, I DEFINITELY wouldn't have believed you.

I was over it, remember? I was totally over dating.

And then somehow, this kid showed up out of nowhere and won me over. Along with all of our deeply satisfying conversations, we've also had our fair share of adventures due to the fact that most of our ideas don't quite end up the way we plan. For example, last night what started out as an innocent "night hike" ended up involving 1 angry park ranger, 1 old logging road that definitely could have been a horror movie setting, 4 empanadas, and 2 cops that pulled us over on the way back suspecting drunk driving [Officer, I promise, the accidental swerving was because we were just looking at the moon! I mean, just look at it! You would have swerved, too!]. And despite all the wildness, can I just say that it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable dates I've been on...possibly ever?

And throughout it all, we just keep shaking our heads and saying, "Why did we meet each other ONE WEEK before I leave?"


kisses,
the charmer

You Might Also Like

0 comments: