Farewell Sam?

8/20/2014 The Blue Stocking 0 Comments

With summer coming to a close, things with Sam are...well I don't know what they are. Neither of us have brought up how his impending move for law school will affect us. Instead we talk about books and eat sketchy burritos. 

I think the main reason we haven’t talked about it is neither of us wants to break-up or commit. The past couple of weeks with Sam have been easy. We text occasionally, date here and there, and most importantly don’t stress. That being said, I think the only thing I want from all of this is a buddy.  

And it’s not like I think he’s in love with me. I think (ok I hope) he just enjoys my company and is equally as confused as to what he wants.

So we continue on, texting and flirting. Can I just say he’s like this witty, intellectual, cowboy. Which, come on, who wouldn’t want to chat up. Example of a very Sam moment. He called me up last night to schedule a date for this weekend. The phone call was one of the most awkward conversations I’ve had. It was once big silence after another. When I finally hung up I got a text from him “I’m awkward on the phone. Deal with it.”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sam’s great.  

Also, this summer I’ve been hanging out with two other guys from our ward. The first one is Grant. I’ve known Grant for a year now and every time I’m around him I walk away thoroughly impressed. The next guy is Ed. Ed is hard to pinpoint. Mostly because he’s either mute or hilarious. Cali and I are actually friends with Ed’s parents and his mom is convinced one of us should marry Ed. We keep telling her that would require him to speak to us.

Ed and Grant are also best friends and I love the dynamic of them and us. They join us for our standard Wednesday dinner with friends and we hang out with them on the weekends. I don’t know where any of this is going, but I enjoy the company so over-thinking is banned.

-The Bluestocking 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: