"What is right to be done cannot be done too soon"

10/16/2012 The Blue Stocking 0 Comments

On this blog we are often sharing experiences about being asked out by awkward fellows. This is indeed an unfortunate occurrence, but what’s worse is being asked out by decent guys you really like, but you don’t want to date.
This semester my apartment has formed a relationship with our neighboring apartment and we are spending a lot of time with them. Now, I enjoy being around all of the guys, but I would never date them.
Don’t ask me why. I don’t know why. I just know I wouldn’t date them
Well one of the gents has started to show interest in me and I’m not quite sure how to handle this. I don’t want to ruin the group friendship, but I really don’t want the drama of going on a date just to say no to a second. Also, there’s still the TA in the picture. And even though the TA and I are by no means serious, I still don’t want to be splitting my attention.
I’ve started avoiding this new gent, but that’s hard to do when our apartments are always doing stuff with each other. And even when I don’t show up to the festivities, he texts me wondering where I am.
I feel like we are in the beginning of like. A place where like can be crushed and a friendship can be salvaged with no real damage. I just need to go about this in a delicate fashion.
Oh, who am I kidding, I’m going to mess this up aren’t I?
Why couldn’t he just be repugnant? It would make this so much easier.
Wish me luck!
-          The Bluestocking

You Might Also Like

0 comments: