Until We Meet Again

8/28/2012 The Charmer 2 Comments

Well my darlings, I'm heading out! Tomorrow I'll be back in Provo, the beloved country, although I'll be restricted to the MTC so I doubt I'll run into any of you.

So this is it...goodbye. But maybe it's more appropriate to say "see ya later!" After all, it is only a year and a half. And even though I probably won't be a regular poster when I return (I mean, it is about BYU dates, after all, and heaven knows if I'll get a chance to return to BYU), I'll make sure to stop by and say hello. And maybe you'll even cross my mind one p-day and I'll write a little letter just for all of you.

On my last post, I got a bit chastised for not telling you what really went down with me and Mr. Director in the end. Well, to be honest, there isn't too much to say. We didn't really "break up" or anything, we just said "see ya" and parted ways, both brushing a few tears from our eyes. We've texted and called each other regularly over the past couple weeks, and I'll see him tomorrow morning before I report to the MTC. Like I mentioned on the last post, I haven't asked him to "wait" for me. But he told me that he's going to be around when I get home. The first time we discussed this (and I , of course, said that I didn't really expect him to be around when I got back...after all, he is quite the ladies' man), he just looked at me and asked, "Do you really think I'll be married in a year and a half?" And truly, when I thought about it...no. Come on, the kid is terrified of commitment! He finally got to the point where he told me, "If you stay in Provo, I'll marry you"...but by that point, I'd made up my mind. I was going on a mission! It's what I've wanted to do my whole entire life. I love teaching the gospel and I can't think of anything I'd rather do right now...not even marriage. (I'm sure on the tough days, I'll look back and think WHY DID I GO ON A MISSION INSTEAD OF GETTING MARRIED?!?! Haha.) Really, though, in the end...it was my choice. And I chose to go on a mission. (Plus he never actually tried to stop me, let's be honest.)
Do I hope he's around in a year and a half? Right now, the answer is yes. Of course, I don't know how I'll feel in March of 2014. That's just how I feel now. He still has a year of school left, but he told me, "There's really nothing left in Provo for me since you're gone." Awww. So, winter semester he'll be doing a foreign exchange/study abroad program. It doesn't seem like he'll meet too many eligible girls off in Europe, but who knows. I guess we'll just see what happens.

Anyway, like I said in the last post, I've loved writing on this blog and getting to share my stories with you! I wish you all the greatest success in your dating lives!
Here is my dating blessing for all of you:
Every time you wait for your own Traveler in Europe, may things work out for you when he returns.
When you find a Masimo, may you be able to tell him how you feel. And may the two of you dance many sambas and foxtrots together.
May your Piano Men always get the hint when you tell them you just want to be friends! (And if you do end up accidentally kissing one of them, let it be a really good kiss.)
If you find a Mr. Director, may your relationship be fun and exciting and most importantly, break-free. (And perhaps you shouldn't leave on a mission if you want things to work out.)
May all your Valentine's Days find you with a smile on your face and a treat in your hand.
If you are single, may each new semester bring you new and exciting dating prospects.
For the guys: May the car never break down on a first date.
For the girls: May you always be as witty and good with words around men as Elizabeth Bennett.
May all your first kisses bring you butterflies, and let them be slobber-free.
May you really mean it with all your heart every time you say "I love you."

Well...here I go! Best of luck to all of you!

toodles,
the charmer

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you might look back on hard days and wish you had just gotten married, in the end, you will never regret the choice to go on a mission. Well, I hope not anyways- I never have. It will be a blessing not only to you and the people you serve, but to your future family as well. Growing up with an RM for a mom means growing up next to someone who has a deep love for and understanding of the gospel - that is priceless (I know, I had a great lady to show me this). You will be missed around here, but you will be an amazing missionary and hopefully return to us with some juicy updates :)

Anonymous said...

The best missionary experience my wife had in conjunction with her mission was in helping me become a member. Yes we met after she returned :-) Only one person knows what benefits you'll reap for your service.