Memories Light the Corners of My Mind

3/30/2010 The Virgin 1 Comments

As a wee senior in high school I vividly remember my expectations of BYU.

They were high.

Whenever I told anyone that I was going to BYU, they always told me that I was going to date so much when I was there. I honestly thought I was going to have to whack boys off with a stick and I wouldn't be able to handle all of them. My dear seminary teacher overheard me talking about this with The Coquette, and she told us that that wasn't necessarily the case. I brushed away her comments. I was certain that I was going to be a dating machine.

But guess who was right...

Until this past semester (which has been the strangest anomaly), I could literally count the dates I had been on at BYU on one hand.

There are some girls, like The Heartbreaker, who just walk in the light. They get asked out all the time, and heaven knows they need the sticks. And then there are the rest of us, who just get invited to mass hangouts and the occasional date with that guy in your Bio 100 lab that gives you those creepy looks. And we all say yes because that is the polite, nice thing to do.

So... to the incoming freshman, BYU is not like your parents remember. Dating has seemingly gone out of style like the card catalog at the HBLL. (Wow. I just aged myself 15 years...)

Loves,
V

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Anna said...

I remember card catalogs! I miss them...