Comme des Enfants

2/28/2014 The Lady 0 Comments

"A girl likes to be crossed in love a little now and then." -Pride & Prejudice

I hardly know what to say. I hardly know what is happening. 

I still cannot decide on a pseudonym for that man that I met. Nothing sounds right. Nothing suits him. He is merely "him". 

It has officially been a week since he asked if "I would like to go out sometime," but sometime has yet to happen. Perhaps I have been overanxious for that first date to occur, but I wish that I had any sort of idea when "sometime" might be. I suppose there is no rush, no hurry, no reason to wonder. But at the same time I do. I do rush, I do hurry, I do wonder. 

We have been texting each other every day. (Somehow I'm the sort of girl that guys text. I am not sure what it is about me, but it's whatevs). We text every day. Little things. Big things. Family. Religion. Books. Music. Careers. Everything we can think of. I never have to try to pull information out of him, he offers it readily. He talks more than I do. We're like children. A little unsure of ourselves; awkward at times, but giddy. We're foolish. Joking too much and laughing too much. I am happy when I talk to him, naively happy. 

But many things remain, 
The Lady


You Might Also Like

0 comments: