3 out of 5 stars

10/30/2010 The Romantic 0 Comments

And now, for a recounting of the infamous car boy date.

I personally think it's tacky to ask a girl out in text form. But I do suppose since we never talked before (besides the whole going 60 miles an hour on the freeway thing), that a text message was the least threatening way to ask me out.

I was flipping about before, as per my normal pre-date routine. I don't know why. It just always happens. My room is still wrecked because of the flurried whirlwind of clothing that tornado-ed around my room last night. I opted for a simple over sized plaid jumper type thing, with skinny jeans, and my converse. My hair was curled, and my make up reapplied. The way I saw it, things would either be horribly awkward, or really fun. I was going to try my best to make it as fun as possible.

He picked me up around 6:45. And off we went to the first basket ball game of the season. I thought conversation flowed quite well from the beginning. The game actually went by pretty quickly. And the conversation was good. But it was pretty apparent from the get go that we don't really have ANY interests in common. He basically only likes sports. I do not. I'll go to games of course, but mostly just to be with the people I'm with.

Something he said bothered me though. I asked him what he wanted to do with his major. He said he didn't really know, he just wanted to have a well paying job when he graduated. This comment made me think. I think my biggest turn off is apathy. I think I've probably given up on my husband having the same interests as me, but I still want him to be passionate about something; and appreciate my passions, so that we can share them with each other.

After the game, we went to Sammy's. I finally had a pie shake for the first time after living in P-town for four years. It was scrumptious.

I'm pretty sure he was having a good time, because then he suggested we check out a haunted house by brick oven. Here I should mention that I am the biggest scardey cat on the face of the planet. It only takes a whispered, "Hey, what was that sound?" to send me hurtling into a major panic attack. So I told him we could go, but I'd probably grab onto his arm the whole time. But then he just made fun of me for it. I know it's pretend! But I have horrible night vision!

I guess by the end of the date, what it came down to is that he was trying to hard to be "cool". The basketball game was fun. But the macho, I'm too cool for this haunted house attitude ruined it.

I could have invited him to my ward Halloween party tonight. He did mention several times he had no plans for the evening. But I opted not to.

Maybe I'll say yes to a second date. But I just don't see it happening at this point.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: