Summer so far...

5/31/2010 The Romantic 0 Comments

Moving into my new complex was probably the best decision I've ever made. My life is absolutely wonderful in every aspect. Expect the man department; which is just confusing. Let's recap.

The men in my life:

First there's Sweater Guy (we dated last semester). He doesn't really wear sweaters any more. Which is fine. Since he's just as attractive wearing t-shirts. We text from time to time. Arrangements were made for us to longboarding on Friday, but the thought of being with him alone seemed tortuous. Like pushing a bruise on purpose. So I decided to cancel because it might rain. That and I didn't do anything I might regret, like proclaim how much I like him, and that I we should get married(what? where did that come from?). But, being the glutton for punishment that I am, I hung out with him yesterday. Until 1 in the morning. I thought I was over him for sure.... I guess not. I had the best conversation I've ever had with him last night. Why is it so much easier to talk to him now that we're not dating? If you're thinking it might be a bad idea for me to date him again, you would be right. But I can't help myself in times such as these.

Then there's the Best Friend. My personal Mr. Kinghtley, whom I swore I was in love with in my last post. I should probably go over a little bit of our history. We met in a language class two years ago. We ended up on the same study abroad last fall semester. And we've had a least once class together since my sophomore year. And we're in the same major. So for the past two years, I've seen him more days then I haven't.
the Best Friend has been there for me through a lot. He was there when Mr. Advice Dear Jane'd me whilst on our study abroad. When Sweater Guy dumped me this last semester, he immediately came over and held me while I cried. He brought over sparkling cider when I moved into my new place. He let me borrow his car last week. Today he texted me and asked me what section of TMA 102 I was in so he could try and get in. And then I find we're already taking another class together! Oh, and I'm TAing a class of his this summer term. I cannot escape him even if I wanted to! We should be dating right? Nope. I just found out shortly after the last post he just started to date someone in his ward. Gah! We are ridiculously perfect for each other. My past boyfriends have always been jealous of him. But whenever I've tried to flirt or bring up the topic of us dating, I feel like he totally shuts me down. So, I stopped trying. But we text at least every other day. And the other day, after I told him I owed him a home made desert for letting me borrow his car, he tells me he'd rather go out for shakes or something so we can hang out and talk rather than the alternative. To the guy readers out there: What is the Best Friend's deal? I'm thoroughly confused!!

There's a few guys in my ward that I would date for sure. But no one really sticks out very much. And most of them seem to be interested in my roomie anyway. So nothing here.

So to sum up:
Sweater Guy is insanely attractive, but only interested in me as a longboarding buddy probably.
I have no idea what the Best Friend wants with me. A better grade in his class this summer maybe?
And I'm still single, but hopeful...


Until next time
xoxo
-the Romantic

You Might Also Like

0 comments: