The Charmer's Dateless Life + An Opportunity for YOU to be a Guest Poster!

12/15/2015 The Charmer 0 Comments


So here's an interesting tidbit about the Charmer: she hasn't gone on a real date in almost a year.

Say what? I know, it's crazy, right? What happened to the flirtatious, part-time-dater of yesteryear?
Well, she went to China.
And despite the fact that our branch has managed to produce 3 marriages in the last year from couples who met here, I guess not everyone finds love in China.

Third person aside, my time in China is drawing to a close and the boys of Facebook are beginning to prowl. It seems like every couple of days I get a message from a guy I know back in the States who is just "checking up" on me to see how things are going and to see if I've figured out my plans for when I come back yet. In fact, Facebook itself has been confused about my obvious lack of dating life and has recently been suggesting websites where I can get counseling for same-gender attraction. Thanks, Facebook. Can't a girl be 25 and single in peace?

The answer is no. Not even my students will leave me alone. Recently it has come to my attention that my students have been scheming on how they can hook me up with Kevin, one of the other foreign teachers here. Last week, one of my students came up to me after class and said that he had two ice skating tickets he wanted to give me as a Christmas present. He handed them to me and then added, "One is for you and one is for you to ask a friend. Who will you ask?" Without giving me more than a couple of seconds to think, he quickly interjected, "I think you should ask Kevin."

Ha. Good one. Unfortunately, given the three 10-second conversations that I have had with Kevin, I don't think we're particularly compatible.
It's like being an EFY counselor all over again.

Anyway, I can only assume that once my feet hit American soil I will be thrust back into the world of dating. For now, however, I am enjoying my reprieve from it all.
But just because my dating life lacks savor, it doesn't mean that YOURS do! I know that many of you are off dating up a storm and you probably have some exciting tales to tell.

So, we want to hear from you!

This is an opportunity for you to guest post here on the Anti-Austen! The new year is coming up and I'm sure some of you are considering your dating lives and what you might do to improve them. Hopefully your fellow readers have some ideas for you!
A few weeks ago, I talked about DATING IDEAS. I want to hear from YOU about the do's and don'ts when it comes to thinking up a date. Posts can be about
  •  the most creative or clever date you've been on
  • a date that seemed to have great potential but due to unforeseen circumstances, the original plans fell through in a disastrous way (and if applicable, what you did to salvage the date!)
  • the strangest date you've ever been on (aka activities you WOULDN'T recommend)
Write 'em up and send 'em over to xoxo.the.charmer [at] gmail [dot] com.

Can't wait to hear from you! Hopefully your posts can excite and inspire me to enter the dating world again.

xoxo,
the charmer

You Might Also Like

0 comments: