Absolutely intolerable.

9/19/2014 The Lady 2 Comments

My father always tells me that men are clueless, and I never was ready to believe that until recently. Until I met the most clueless man in the world. 

First of all, I do know that Ben was asking me out as a friend. I am very aware of that fact, so I am not confused about his intentions in the least. However, gentlemen, when you take a girl out, even just as a friend, you treat her as a lady. You come to the door to get her, you do not text her from your car. You open doors for her, do not make her follow after you like a puppy. You introduce her to your coworkers if you're at a work party and you involve her in conversations, don't just ignore her while you speak to others or sit on your phone. And when you do talk to her, don't talk to her about other girls. And when you drop her off, don't tell her that you'll text her if you get bored as she lets herself out of your car. 

Ladies and gentleman, I was so infuriated when I got home that I was sweating. Profusely. 

When he was talking to me, Ben was only concerned about telling me about what sort of girls he liked. Beautiful, young ones with a hint of personality. But he wouldn't mind dating an older one like me (I am 24 thank you very much) because of my education and career I could afford to pay for him to continue to go to school. Excuse me?


Heaven help me, 
The Lady

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Kinda reminds me of a guy I knew in college who introduced himself to a girl and then introduced himself again a few days/weeks later. When she laughed and pointed out they'd already met, he responded, "Oh, well I only remember the pretty girls and the RMs." Say what now?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that!! So rude.