Out with the Old?

10/13/2013 The Lady 1 Comments

“A good-looking girl, with an affectionate heart and a very ignorant mind, cannot fail of attracting a clever young man, unless circumstances are very untoward.” -Northanger Abbey

As I sat and listened to The Girth's Sunday School lesson today, I quickly came to realize that The Girth could possibly be the farthest thing I could want in a husband. Or a boyfriend. Or even a fling. The Girth, though wonderfully girthy, is also quite . . . there is no way to put this delicately: thick. And I mean it in the best way possible. I think? I am sure he is a skilled accounting student (or whatever), but my word, it seemed as though every word that came out of his mouth could somehow be an insult to someone in the room. It was one of the most uncomfortable Sunday School lessons I have ever had to sit through. 


It all has been very untoward. 

Perhaps my problem is that I compare every man I meet with other men, other BYU men, other men such as Clive. Okay, not even other men. Just Clive. Clive has become the standard I hold every man to, and I am not sure it is the best thing to be doing. It's just every time I talk to Clive (which occurs every so often), I am reminded of why I liked him so much. We have the same interests, the same passions, he is ambitious, good and kind,  and has such a good sense of humor. He is everything I could ever want. Everyone else just seems so sub par. 

This may be an issue.

Con Amor, 

The Lady

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all do the comparing thing, but Clive sounds awesome! We need someone to tell him to come and take you away!